Saturday, July 2, 2011

Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus

For the past 2 years, we have been meaning to take the girls (and Matt!--who has also never been) to their first circus, but always seem to find out about it after it's on its way out of town.  Hana's lifelong fascination with elephants and both girls' intense Dumbo love has made the circus a "Must See" for our family.

On another quick note, YouTube perusal revealed--and our recent trip to Disney confirmed--that Walt Disney World [Orlando] is constructing a Dumbo circus tent in their new Princess-themed addition to Fantasyland.  It is set to open sometime in 2012, and we cannot wait!!  I am hoping to spend Christmas '12 in Orlando with Matt's side of the family.  Here is the YouTube footage highlighting the plans:


Back to Ringling Bros.  :o)  The circus was absolutely amazing and the girls were captivated by every minute, despite the length (3hrs, plus intermission) and evening start time (7:30pm).  Highlights include...

Matt's favorite: seven motorcycles in a globe; definitely the most dangerous stunt of the night


My favorite: the gymnasts
This woman was absolutely amazing in terms of strength
Vienna & I were very impressed

Vienna's favorite: the clowns...needed to borrow an "official" Ringling Bros photo for this one

...and Hana's favorite: the much-anticipated elephants!!



There was also a pretty impressive tiger act: the trainer was alone in the ring with EIGHT tigers, one of which growled and pawed at him a bit--and he was loving every minute!

Such a great night!  

Haha & V still talk about their circus adventure--the other day the girls and I were asking each other some riddles...

Vienna asked: "What goes in a suitcase?"

The answer: "Clowns!"

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had such a great time! It has been years since I have been to the circus, makes me want to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, we did! I hadn't been since I was about 7 years old and I do not think I had any idea how much skill and talent these acts require back then. It was really amazing! :o)

    ReplyDelete