Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Should be studying...

...instead, I am up at 12:06am, racking my brain for things to Google, blogs to check, random things in Etsy to "favorite"...why?? Because the hubby reenters Air Force Active Duty in 14 days. We have been roughing it in the Reserves, while he completed his Mathematics degree and ROTC Commission for the past 2 years, weathering numerous hardships, unexpected expenses, and the like...for the past 700 or so days, relatively none the worse for the wear...but these last couple are killing me. I feel like I am counting through every second going by, wondering if something will go wrong.

The thing that scares me the most is that some circumstance (e.g., basketball or golf injury) will hit at the last minute and somehow bar him from re-entering the service, despite his orders' saying to pretty much "report no matter what". I guess it's just that 2 years' living on school healthcare (which pretty much covers nothing, might I add), savings, and military/university stipends & such, we are ready for some enviable medical insurance (never thought I'd say that about Tricare, but alas, the changes that occur once a little perspective is gained...), a regular paycheck, and some job security!! From a parent perspective, those are must haves that it is so hard to go 2 years' without! Yet, in hubby's ROTC detachment, there are 2 other young families with kid(s) who are traveling down this same 2-3 year road [AF ASCP Program] which makes me think perhaps our participation in this program is not totally crazy. I know it's been difficult, but I also know in about 15 days I'll be saying: "Totally worth it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment